Bharti Airtel, TCS announce collaboration to build 5G networks in India
· Bharti Airtel and Tata Group today announced a strategic partnership for implementing 5G networks solutions for India.
· Tata Group has developed a ‘state of the art’ O-RAN based Radio & NSA/SA Core and has integrated a totally indigenous telecom stack, leveraging the Group capabilities and that of its partners. This will be available for commercial development starting Jan 2022.
· TCS brings its global system integration expertise and helps align the end-to-end solution to both 3GPP and O-RAN standards, as the network and equipment are increasingly embedded into software.
· Airtel will pilot and deploy this indigenous solution as part of its 5G rollout plans in India and start the pilot in January 2022, as per the guidelines formulated by the Government of India, the statement added.
· ''These ‘Made in India’ 5G product and solutions are aligned to global standards, and interoperate with other products based on
standard open interfaces and those defined by the ORAN Alliance. The 5G solutions, once commercially proven in Airtel’s diverse and brownfield network will open export opportunities for India, which is now the second largest telecom market in the world,'' it said.