AGRI COMMODITY MARKET UPDATE -
* Mentha oil prices dropped as demand from cosmetics and toiletries sector will remain weak in India, as concerns are high in India
* Cotton dropped on profit booking after prices gained as there is a good demand for CCI cotton from spinning mills
* Chana settled flat after estimates kharif Pulses production in 2020-21 has been pegged at 93.1 Lakh tonnes.
* Turmeric gained as prices remained supported as in Telangana, Turmeric sowing area has come down to 1.1 lakh acres.
* Jeera rose as prices seen supported by a likely fall in the acreage in the 2020-21 (Oct-Sep) rabi season.
* Dhaniya gained on short covering after prices dropepd as initial reports suggest the sowing for coriander has started on a strong note.
* Soyabean settled up on robust demand and thinning supplies.
* Ref.Soyaoil settled up on worries about tight global vegetable oil supplies.
* Crude palm oil dropped on profit booking after prices gained boosted by stagnant production in Malaysia as rainy weather and labour shortage hamper output.
* Mustard seed gained on short covering after prices dropped as the government has set a target to achieve a record-high 7.5 mln ha area
* Castor prices gained due to a fall in acreage compared to 2019.